Monday, July 19, 2010

Orange Marmalade Chicken

Today is the first day I have cooked since I started this blog, oops! Tonight we had one of our friends over for dinner and in the summer I love to grill as often as possible. I think I discovered that you could use jams and jelly's when my friend Denise made this to die for dressing with raspberry preserves. So here is an attempt to incorporate another "jam" type food into a main entree. I hope you like it. Ryan and his friend ate it all and said it was good, I also thought it was good if I do say so myself :)

Orange Marmalade Chicken

3 Tbs. Orange Marmalade
4-5 small Chicken Breasts (or 2-3 large ones)
Enough Pineapple slices for each chicken breast
pinch of salt
Fresh ground pepper
1/3 Cup plain Yogurt
2 Tbs. Cashews
1/4 tsp. Thyme (optional)


First, add your pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste on your chicken breasts and pineapple and then in a small dish for grilling put 2 Tbs. of your marmalade.
Then set your pineapple and chicken breasts on a medium to low grill for a total of about 8-10 minutes, flipping both items at the middle of your time, and not forgetting to brush them with your marmalade. (Use it all...mmm so good!!)
In the mean time while your chicken is cooking in a small bowl combine your yogurt and remaining 1 Tbs. of orange marmalade to a small bowl then mix it all together and put in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.










Do you have one of these?? If so then add your 2 Tbs. of cashews and chop until chunks remain but some of it is small pieces. If you don't have one I would use a larger knife to mince until the right consistency.


Nuts should look like this...

After your chicken and pineapple is done you are ready to plate your chicken. I also made green beans, mashed potatoes, and garlic bread to go with the chicken...It went well together. I didn't add the yogurt sauce on top of the boys chicken because I thought it might scare them...I spooned mine right on top (Sprinkle the cashews on top at this time also).





If you want, at this time you can add the thyme. I noticed after everything was eaten that my pictures aren't that great but you get the idea I think. And now is the time for you to enjoy your creation!!

Hope you are enjoying my blog. If there is something you want for me to make let me know and I'll either show you what I already do when making that certain entree/desert or I will try to invent a way to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment