Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Coconut Chicken

I will go ahead and admit that this recipe is partly Martha Stewart's and then I added my own twist to it along with the coconut dipping sauce. I know sometimes entrees are better off without the sauce that comes with it but in this case I think my husband and I would agree that you are going to want the sauce. I also can't say that I've perfected the recipe but I thought that it was a good idea! I hope you like it.

Coconut Chicken with Coconut Yogurt Sauce
3 small chicken breasts
4 Tbs. Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
3 Tbs. shredded coconut
1 large egg
1 tsp. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
fresh ground pepper to taste

All shown here...


First thing you're going to do is crack your egg and whisk it into a dish you will be able to dip your chicken in...


Then you're going to want to get your coconut and bread crumb mixture together. In another dish you can also dip your chicken into, you will need to then add your panko crumbs, coconut, salt, pepper to taste, and flour.


Then you're ready to start dipping. Dip your chicken first in the egg then press the coconut mixture into each piece and put on a foiled pan with some Pam.


After you're done and all your pieces are coated you might want to add an additional amount of coconut if you want more of that flavor...I added more!!
Pop those babies into a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. You don't want to make your oven any warmer or else you will burn all your coconut.


While those are cooking this is when you can start on the dipping sauce.

Coconut Dipping Sauce
1/4 C. plain yogurt
1/2 a packet of Splenda or you could use a small amount of regular sugar
2 Tbs. toasted coconut (add coconut to microwavable safe dish and nuke it for 15-30 seconds, but keep an eye on it and turn every now and then b/c it can burn quick.)


Now simply put all ingredients together and stir together. Put into refrigerator until you're ready to serve the chicken.

Now time to plate....yummmmmmmy!!



I made some of that sweet corn that I bought fresh from the farmer's market the other day and I must say they are so good just warmed in a pot of boiling water with the number one ingredient...BUTTER!!

My husband is leaving for an interview tomorrow in Omaha so I will be going out to dinner with my girlfriend tomorrow. I'll have some time to think about what to make Thursday night. By the way I'm so excited I'm taking a Farmer's Market Grilling cooking class on Friday, I can't wait to share with you all I learn!

Enjoy the coconut chicken!!







No comments:

Post a Comment